Monday, July 11, 2011

Cape May 2011

Last week I went on vacation with my family to Cape May, NJ.  I would have posted some stuff during the week but the internet connection wasn't all that great.  Anyway, It was a series of firsts, starting with going there because we had never been there before.  The drive was rather long but smooth and directionally easy, I mean what’s easier than this:  Go down the Garden State Parkway until you reach Exit 0. 

We had great weather, even when it rained it only rained at night after we were done with the beach.  The temperature was between 80 and 90 degrees most of the time, a little muggy, but that’s ok for the beach. 

So here’s the list of “firsts” that we had on our trip:
 • Derek’s first vacation.
 • Derek’s first time at the beach.
 • Derek’s first trip to a zoo.
 • Derek’s first time eating Chex.
 • First time I’ve ever been in an Acme.
 • The first time we’ve ever walked out of a grocery store leaving a shopping cart full of stuff.

I've posted some photos from the trip on my jaywalking.tumblr.com site.  Feel free to take a look.

Family trips are great, I hope we get to do it again next year, and I wouldn't mind going back to Cape May either.

No comments:

Post a Comment